[hobbit] Disk Status in hobbit-clients.cfg

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 31 11:42:03 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:36:23AM +0100, Morris, Chris (Shared Services) wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> That is great, I can now look to rolling hobbit into production - I'll wait
> for the pukka 4.2 release though.
>
> What is the syntax for using the new feature - I couldn't find it
> documented?

It's in the hobbit-clients.cfg man-page:

If  the utilization of "filesystem" is reported to exceed "warnlevel" or
"paniclevel", the "disk" status will go yellow or red, respectively.
"warnlevel" and "paniclevel" are either the  percentage  used,  or
the  space  available  as reported by the local "df" command on the host.
For the latter type of check, the "warnlevel" must be followed by the
letter "U", e.g. "1024U".

It will simply compare the number reported as "free space" in the df
output with the number in the DISK config. That neatly sidesteps any
issues of what metric df is using - mega, giga or kilobytes; it doesn't
matter since we're just comparing numbers.