[hobbit] Memory check

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue May 30 10:41:29 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 10:48:51AM -0500, Jeff Newman wrote:
> I have seen in the past from various companies products graphs which
> plot memory usage by process, so you can see which process is using
> the most memory. In addition, there have been CPU usage per process
> graphs as well.
> Seeing the below made me think about the memory/per process.
>
> I tried the ps vax command on both an AIX and Redhat box and both worked.
> Would it be possible to implement this sort of a graph in hobbit?

What I'll do for now (the 4.2 release) is to use a "ps" command in the
client that provides this information.

That will allow us to experiment with the best way of tracking memory
usage for individual processes. E.g. I do anticipate some problems with
how you determine which processes should be tracked, and how to group
them (e.g. you don't want to track individual "httpd" processes - you
want a total for all of them).