[hobbit] Hobbit client data truncated by server?!

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 29 14:11:45 CEST 2006

Somewhat late reply, but I'm cleaning up mails prior to the 4.2 release.

Since you see the "... DATA TRUNCATED ..." string inside the client message,
I have a strong suspicion that it was sent with the "bb" utility from
the original Big Brother package.

This text doesn't appear anywhere in the Hobbit code :-)

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 01:54:42PM +0100, Mirko Saam wrote:
> Hi,
> after reading the docs, searching the list, searching the source
> code i have no idea, what is going wrong here:
>
> Data that is sent by the hobbit client is truncated somewhere.
> My Hobbit client messages are about 30kB.
> The client sents the message to the server without loss (verified with netcat).
>
> Monitoring the client channel via
>   [clientlogger]
>   CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=client cat
> in hobbitlaunch.cfg results in:
> >
> >DATADATADATA
> >DATADATADATA
> >DATADATAD
> >
> >... DATA TRUNCATED ...
> >
> The received data is cut at approx 10kB. All MSG_* variables that limit
> communication are clearly above this value (MSG_CLIENT=256*1024). I have
> set anything to debug with no results. I did not find the place in the source
> code where the "DATA TRUNCATED" message is generated, so i can't trace back
> why it is truncated...
>
> Help me please!
>
> Regards,
> Mirko