[hobbit] Hobbit + MRTG

Jeff Stuart jeff at myinternetservices.com
Sun May 21 14:33:27 CEST 2006

Ok, that begs the question then.  Is anyone here using Hobbit + MRTG to
monitor bandwidth of multiple servers?  If so, how are you doing it?

IIRC, MRTG uses snmp to grab the data from the machine.  Is it possible to
have mrtg on one machine poll many boxes every 5 minutes?  Or is it better to
copy the files over to the display server every so often?

Finally, what about a client ext script that sent the current bandwidth and
then hobbit stores it as a CSV graph or just as a standard external script +
rrd data file?

--
Jeff Stuart
Network Admin