[hobbit] Execute denied

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 1 16:39:22 CEST 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:22:25PM +0200, lars ebeling wrote:
> In yesterday's snapshot, the clientupdate binary was missing so I copied it from the snapshot directory to ~hobbit/client/bin and did nothing more. Today when I saw the execution denied, I checked clientupdate and found out that it was a ELF-32 binary.
> But the binary in the snapshot directory was a PA-RISC 1.1 executable, so now I have copied that one to ~hobbit/client/bin .
>
> It seems like the clientupdate is not installed

I think it was a combination of several things. The "clientupdate"
utility wasn't wiped by my "make clean" script, so the Linux ELF-32
binary I built on my box was accidentally included in the snapshot
tar-file. And since "make" only checks the timestamps, it didn't rebuild
the clientupdate when you compiled the snapshot on your hp-ux. So
you got the Linux version installed.

It's been fixed.