[hobbit] Outbound ports that need to be opened?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 28 12:34:11 CEST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 10:46:22AM +0200, David Majchrzak wrote:
> Trying to close down a few outbound ports with APF firewall and need to know which range Hobbit server uses. Tried pinning it down with netstat to some 40000_60000 range. Couldnt find it in the archives or in the man pages last nite.
>
> Anyone know the exact outgoing port numbers for the Hobbit server? Or where I might find the answer.

Inbound:
Hobbit only uses one port: 1984.
For viewing the Hobbit webpages, your webserver needs a port.

Outbound:
Hobbit only uses the ports that you configure for network tests. E.g.
if you check an SMTP server, Hobbit will make an outbound connection
to port 25.
Note that Hobbit will perform ping tests by default, so it will generate
outbound ICMP type 8 packets.