[hobbit] CUSTOM RRD DATA VIA SCRIPTS

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Wed Mar 15 17:07:19 CET 2006

Well, it does not appear to be that difficult.  For each data element,
you need to put out the DS line, then the file name, then the values.
Make the file name match the element.

So, if F070 = 1, F001 = 2, F037 = 5

"DS:value:GAUGE:600:0:U"
"F070.rrd"
"1"
"DS:value:GAUGE:600:0:U"
"F001.rrd"
"2"
"DS:value:GAUGE:600:0:U"
"F037.rrd"
"5"

The Hobbit RRD support will do the right thing, creating these datasets
in the directory for the associated host.

Then, in the Hobbit graph definition, you have to figure out how to use
the wildcard mechanism to find all the F*.rrd files.  The file names can
be used to replace the parameter value "value" in the dataset would
become F070, F001, F037, etc.  This seems to be how the disk magic
works.

Good luck!

GLH