[hobbit] multiple graphs in detail test view

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 9 07:36:22 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 05:11:15PM -0500, Schwimmer, Eric E *HS wrote:

> Now, my question is, is it possible, in the if_load test page, to
> make hobbit display a separate graph for each interface?  For instance,
> I have ifcs Gi0/1 and Gi0/2 on a switch dumping data into two separate
> files (if_load.gi0_1.rrd and if_load.gi0_2.rrd, respectively).
>
> My hobbitgraphs.cfg stanza looks something like:
>
> [if_load]
>         FNPATTERN if_load.(.*).rrd
>         TITLE load test
[snip]
> I want to each ifc to display a separate graph, as things can
> get muddled when you have 20 different ifcs on one graph.  Is this
> possible?

This is like the disk graphs that get split up onto multiple graphs
of 5 filesystems each.

Yes, you can do that. First, you must tell the hobbitsvc.cgi tool which
displays the status page that the if_load graph should split into
multiple graphs like the disk graph. So edit your etc/hobbitcgi.cfg
file: In the CGI_SVC_OPTS setting, add "--multi-graphs=disk,inode,qtree,if_load"

By default, it shows max. 5 per graph. You want max 2. So in
hobbitserver.cfg, make sure the GRAPHS setting contains "if_load::2"

That should do it. And no, it's not something I've done a lot of
testing of :-) So let me know if it works.