ghost clients reporting

Stephane Caminade stephane.caminade at ias.u-psud.fr
Thu Jun 29 14:39:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've just added the BBGHOST=2 setting to my hobbitserver.cfg file
(running Hobbit Monitor 4.2-beta-20060605), and I was wondering if it is
possible to create a warning in the hobbitd test when a ghost is detected ?

As I understand it, BBGHOST=1 will discard the message, and BBGHOST=2
will add a line to the hobbitd page (something like :

Ghost reports:
  129.175.65.105  reported host inf-stephane.ias.u-psud.fr)

I would like to be notified if someone sets up a hobbit client and
'forgets' to tell me.

By the way, what does the BBGHOST=0 option do ?
BBGHOSTS="0"                    # How to handle status messages from
unknown hosts.
                                               # 0=accept message,
1=discard message, 2=discard message and log the event

If I use the setting 0, does the message get added somewhere (and if so,
where ...) ?

Thanks,
Stephane

Stephane Caminade
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseau
                                   \  <Stephane.Caminade at medoc-ias.u-psud.fr>
Institut d'Astrophysique Spatiale  /  tel : (33) (1) 69 85 87 03
Batiment 121, Universite Paris XI  \  fax : (33) (1) 69 85 86 75
F-91405 ORSAY Cedex                /  www : http://www.medoc-ias.u-psud.fr/