[hobbit] Using post to test user login

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 04:59:36 CEST 2006

I've been doing exactly that for years, with Big Brother scripts.  As such,
it's all in Bourne shell, using curl to fetch web pages, grepping for the
interesting bits, then using curl again to post the pages back.  Some of the
scripts grind right through the Siteminder login process, which bounces you
from the original server to the authenticating server, then back again.
Curl handles the redirects just fine.  It also deals with SSL on secure web
servers.

If you're interested, I can see about stripping out the company specific
stuff from one of them, so you can see how it works.  There should be no
problem integrating with Hobbit.

OK, so it's not Python or Perl, but it was what I had to work with 6 years
ago when I started.  I keep telling myself that when the rush dies down I'll
see about converting to Python...

Ralph Mitchell