Odd problem with hobbit

Jeff Stuart jeff at myinternetservices.com
Tue Jun 20 17:50:09 CEST 2006

I am in the process of automating adding new hosts to our hobbit system.

I've got a bb-hosts that looks like this:

subpage myis My InternetServices Servers

subparent myis myis-loc1 Location 1 Servers
group-except bbd|bbgen|bbtest|hobbitd|rsync|http MyIS Location 1 Servers
include myis-loc1-hosts

Now my script inadvertantly left the myis-loc1-hosts file owned by root with
perms of 600.  Therefore hobbit had a problem reading the hosts file
temporarily.  However, NOW whenever I try to view a history item for the
servers I get the error "No such host".  The URL is this:

http://hobbit.myinternetservices.com/cgi-bin/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOSTSVC=127,0,0,1.info&IP=127.0.0.1&DISPLAYNAME=127.0.0.1

(IP's changed to protect the innocent. :P)

Yet other locations are perfectly fine.  What causes this error?  More
importantly how do I fix this?

This is on hobbit 4.1.2p1 on a Fedora Core 3 box.  I've verified that things
like the conn file in the hist folder exist, etc.  I've also restarted
hobbit.

--
Jeff Stuart
Network Admin