[hobbit] Task bbnet terminated by signal 6

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 12 23:44:02 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 03:20:03PM -0400, Lee J. Imber wrote:
> OpenBSD 3.2 running  hobbit-4.1.1 as server.
> 2006-06-08 19:14:10 Task bbnet terminated by signal 6
>
> I then upgraded to the latest hobbit-4.2-beta-20060605 and still have
> the same problem.
>
> Nothing has changed on this box for months..
>
> I read a thread for running with --no-ares, I tried appending that
> line to a few CMD lines in hobbitlaunch.cfg with no luck.
> I'm really not sure where that goes ;)

I haven't really gotten anywhere with this. There are no obvious
code errors in the region where it crashes, so the C-ARES problems
are still a primary suspect.

The --no-ares option goes on the CMD line for the [bbnet] task.

[bbnet]
	ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
	NEEDS hobbitd
	CMD bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse --no-ares
	LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-network.log
	INTERVAL 5m

Could you try running with this for a while and let me know if it helps?

Also, check that the Hobbit logfiles do get rotated. Logs larger than 2
GB can cause weird problems in Hobbit 4.1.x.

Thanks,