[hobbit] Feature request for hobbitping / small client bugs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jun 9 11:00:56 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 09:20:29AM +0200, Gräub Roland wrote:

> Is it possible to add a function to set the networkadress that hobbitping
> use for network tests ?
>
> In our enviorment we use a service ip for hobbit and all firewall rules
> are made for this adress, so its important that Hobbit use this adress
> to ping the clients.

OK, there is a patch now for this in the beta-patches "Enhancements" section at
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbitsw/betapatches/

The option you'll want is "--source=IP".

> On Solaris Systems i get a error about top:
> /opt/hobbitclient/client/bin/hobbitclient-sunos.sh: top: not found
> when i set the full path for top in hobbitclient-sunos.sh it works fine
> echo "[top]"
> /usr/local/bin/top -b 20

I've modified all the client-side scripts to use the $TOP variable which
is set during the client installation. That should resolve this issue.
Patch available in the beta-patches area.

> With ./runclient.sh status i get the client (Solaris & Linux) dosent run, but it runs fine:
>
> [hobbit at altara client]$ ./runclient.sh status
> Hobbit client (clientlaunch) does not appear to be running

It was checking the wrong PID file. Patch available in the beta-patches area.

Thanks,