[hobbit] Probs with BBWin 0.7

Roger WJ Alterskjær Roger.Alterskjaer at vm.ntnu.no
Wed Jun 7 09:16:46 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 09:18 +0200, Etienne Grignon wrote:
> Some users still report me that sometimes, they can't stop the
> service. In reality, it seems that one agent never starts successfuly,
> which mean that one of the agent is breaking the all threads at
> startup and that's why you can't stop it after and why it never
> reports.
> For this bug, I'm still figure out what's happen in this case because
> for the moment, I never succeed to reproduce this behavior in Visual C
> ++ debugger on my Windows XP station.
> However, the agent cpu is for the moment the suspicious agent which
> may cause this strange crash. You may try starting BBWin on your
> Win2000 without the cpu loading directive.

Okay, it looks like you were right about the cpu agent. I disabled it
yesterday and it BBWin looks pretty stable. Even restarted the entire
server early this morning without any incident: BBWin shutdown and
restarted nicely.

Don't know how much time and effort should be put into the Win 2k
problem. For me, this is our last W2K server and it will be retired
within a years time. Though having an unsolved bug can be pretty
frustrating. :-)

-Roger