[hobbit] Feauture request: auditable alarm.

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Tue Jun 6 19:47:35 CEST 2006

Michael Nemeth wrote:
> Ive more details now.  Ops want an alarm to sound when a system is not
> pingable.
> Also they want to able to mute the alarm.    So if one system goes
> down they hear it,
> turn off the alarm then another system goes down they hear that alarm
> (and mute it.)
> IM thinking maybe they can "mute" by turning the conn test blue ,
> disable until ok.
There are 2 ways I found to easily embed a sound into html:

Easiest is:
<embed src="sound.wav"
autostart="true"
loop="true"
hidden="true">
</embed>

Obviously you would probably want to set loop=false

Another way is:
<object id="MediaPlayer" width="0" height="0"
classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,0,02,902"
<param name="FileName" value="sound.wav">
<param name="autoStart" value="1">
<param name="loop" value="1">
<param name=hidden value="1">
<param name="showControls" value="0">
<embed src="sound.wav" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true">
</embed>
</object>

If there could be found a way to include an "alarm.html" with this code
in it whenever an event turned red, it should produce the desired
results (the blue disable dot would remove the html so no more alarm
upon refresh)...it would also have to only be included for the normal
red status (not the red check = acked alert).

Note I have not implemented this, just throwing out some ideas in case
you or Henrik want to do the mod yourself.

-Charles