msgs clear

Iain Conochie iain at uk.colt.net
Thu Jun 1 11:11:02 CEST 2006

Morning people,

	Hopefully, this has not bee discussed on the list before, but here goes
anyway...

I have replaced my BB server with a hobbit server. Very nice drop in
replacement :) I am still getting my head round the differences, but
most issues I have had have been solved. Apart from..

My server is called bb02.colt, running on linux. I have added this entry
into the ~/server/etc/client-local.cfg

[linux]
log:/var/log/messages:10240

ignore identification
ignore modprobe

trigger sudo

and this entry into the ~/server/etc/hobbit-clients.cfg

         LOG /var/log/messages kernel
         LOG /var/adm/messages ERROR

But I get no msgs status on the hobbit servers web pages e.g.

System logs at Thu Jun 1 10:07:18 BST 2006 : No log data available

The client did not report any logfile data

Both the config files are owned by user hobbit.

Can a knowledgable person point out where I may have gone wrong please :)

Cheers

--
Iain Conochie UNIX System Administrator UK
COLT Telecom
Email: iain.conochie at colt.net
www.colt.net