[hobbit] hist files

Michael Frey michael_frey at glic.com
Mon Jul 31 23:06:17 CEST 2006

Could the error be caused by something inside of the patch?

Michael Frey

Michael Frey <michael_frey at glic.com>
07/31/2006 01:38 PM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] hist files

The following error occured while attempting to apply the patch:

[hobbit at nbtbigbro1 hobbit-4.2-beta-20060605]$ patch -p0
<history-missing.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file lib/availability.c
Hunk #4 FAILED at 304.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 321.
2 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file lib/availability.c.rej
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file hobbitd/hobbitd_history.c

cannot find file 'lib/availability.c.rej'

I can find no corelation of events to anything near the timeframe this
happened.  Our environment was patched at 3 AM, and this all occured at
5:30AM.

The Hobbit server is Linux, so it did not receive any patches.

Others said the Hobbit page was 'going crazy', and a supervisor reset the
Hobbit server.  (the Hobbit server is a VMware virtual server, and
resetting was the easy solution)

I have no details on what 'going crazy' means, no one is helpful.

Michael Frey

henrik at hswn.dk (Henrik Stoerner)
07/31/2006 11:52 AM

Please respond to