[hobbit] Force client to update data

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 31 18:00:54 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 11:51:19AM -0400, Gary B. wrote:
> Is there a way to force the Hobbit clients to update their data to the
> server?  Often times I'll be adding new process checks or otherwise
> modifying existing tests, and would like to be able to see their
> status updated on the Hobbit server.
>
> Right now, that means waiting 5 minutes for the client to get the
> new/updated checks, and then waiting another 5 minutes for it to
> report back to the server.  However, I *don't* have any reason/need to
> adjust this time globally.  I would like to force an update only once
> in a while, when making changes to the client tests.  Is there
> currently any way to do this?

The easiest way would be to restart the Hobbit client a couple of times;
each time it starts, it will contact the server so doing it twice will
fetch the new config from client-local.cfg, and send in a status with
these changes in them.

It's probably also a good idea to do a "kill -HUP" on the hobbitd and
hobbitd_client processes on the Hobbit server, to make sure that they
have the latest config files loaded. Do that before you bounce the
client.