[hobbit] Solaris proc listing reporting multiple process that don't appear to exist.

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 31 16:59:13 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 03:28:45PM +0100, Quentin White wrote:
> I have 11 Sun V210 machines that have same version of hobbit client
> installed (hobbit-4.2-beta-20060605) and 10 of them report correctly on
> my procs tests. However, one does not - it reports the multple copies of
> some processes when there is one of each and no copies of others when
> the processes are clearly visable in the process listing.  I believe the
> client is reporting correctly but the server is having some trouble
> working it out.

First thing to do is to look at the "ps" listing this client sends to
Hobbit. On the "procs" status page, near the bottom is a link to the
"Client data". In there is a section beginning with "[ps]" - this is the
data used for the procs status. You can also access it directly via a
URL like this:
http://my.hobbit.server/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?CLIENT=lo-dev01&SECTION=ps

You can also grab it from the Hobbit server with
   bb 127.0.0.1 "clientlog lo-dev01 section=ps"
If you could run this command and dump the output to a file, then mail
it to me that would be helpful.