Disk monitoring feature request

shea_greg at emc.com shea_greg at emc.com
Mon Jul 31 16:30:05 CEST 2006

So if people in the BB community are called brothers, does
that mean the folks here are called hobbits??

With my current version of BB, I've modified the bb-disk.sh so
that each filesystem in error sends a page message to the server
not just the most severe (red).  So in other words, if 2 filesystems
are in warning (yellow) and 1 is in panic (red), I would send 3
page messages to the BB server, one for each error.  The BB server
would then an SNMP trap for each error in addition to any email
notifications that are in place.  These get handled by the SMARTS.

So.... Is it possible to add this functionality to Hobbit?

Thanks
-Grs-
Gregory R Shea
EMC Corporation