[hobbit] exhost question

David Gore David.Gore at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Jul 21 22:22:19 CEST 2006

Bill Perez wrote:
> >How about
> >exhost=%server.(test.com|abc.intra)
>
> The server names are actually different. so it's server1.test.com
> <http://server1.test.com> server2.abc.intra and another server doesn't
> have a domain name specified.  Any other ideas?
>
> On 7/21/06, *Henrik Stoerner* <henrik at hswn.dk <mailto:henrik at hswn.dk>>
> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 09:04:49AM -0400, Bill Perez wrote:
>     >
>     > Could someone let me know how I can use 2 different domain names
>     when
>     > excluding hosts in the hobbit-alerts.cfg?  Example:
>     > exhost=%(server).test.com %(server).abc.intra.  I tried to use a
>     comma and
>     > space between the 2 domain names but it isn't taking it.
>
>     How about
>     exhost=%server.(test.com|abc.intra)
>

>     Regards,
>     Henrik

The host names are separated by commas.  Here is our rule, but it uses a
macro.

$HOSTS_EXCLUDED=server1.test.com,server2.abc.intra

EXHOST=$HOSTS_EXCLUDED EXSERVICE=$SERVICES_EXCLUDED COLOR=red
        IGNORE HOST=* SERVICE=%(tl1am|^se$) TIME=*:0200:1200

Perhaps make sure there are no spaces after the commas or equals sign?
Looking at Henrik's example, I suppose EXHOST is not case sensitive,
although ours is all uppercase.

Run this to make sure your config looks ok:

bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --dump-config