[hobbit] Hobbit client on VMWare ESX 3

Ed Ingram eingram at pchl.com
Fri Jul 21 21:55:09 CEST 2006

Found it.  You have to open a port in the built in firewall to allow
outbound to 1984.

Unless you set the security to LOW (basically no firewall) when you
install, you have to run this command in the console to open up the
port:

esxcfg-firewall --openPort 1984,tcp,out

That did it.

Ed

Edward Ingram

Sr. Systems Engineer - MCSE, CCNA

People's Choice Home Loan, Inc.

eingram at pchl.com

949.341.2041

949.341.2201 FAX

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail
by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.