[hobbit] Alerts for page including subpages

Frédéric Mangeant frederic.mangeant at steria.com
Mon Jul 17 16:14:54 CEST 2006

Whilding, Craig a écrit :

> Is it possible to do a one line alert rule that alerts on red’s on a
> page and its subpages. Our main page shows all the sites and every
> site is split into the same subsections. For some they are quite small
> but with quite a few subpages so I just want one alert for everything
> on a site. Is that possible without listing all subpages?

Hi

take a look at the hobbit-alerts.cfg(5) manpage :

*PAGE=targetstring* Rule matching an alert by the name of the page in
BB. This is the path of the page as defined in the bb-hosts file. E.g.
if you have this setup:

    page servers All Servers
    subpage web Webservers
    10.0.0.1 www1.foo.com
    subpage db Database servers
    10.0.0.2 db1.foo.com

Then the "All servers" page is found with *PAGE=servers*, the
"Webservers" page is *PAGE=servers/web* and the "Database servers" page
is *PAGE=servers/db*. Note that you can also use regular expressions to
specify the page name, e.g. *PAGE=%.*/db* would find the "Database
servers" page regardless of where this page was placed in the hierarchy.

The top-level page has a the fixed name */*, e.g. *PAGE=/* would match
all hosts on the Hobbit frontpage. If you need it in a regular
expression, use *PAGE=%^/* to avoid matching the forward-slash present
in subpage-names.

Frédéric Mangeant

Steria EDC Sophia-Antipolis