[hobbit] Docs for the PHB

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 11:37:09 CEST 2006

Would this be the list??

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Hobbit/User_Guide#Who_use_Hobbit_.3F

Can't help much with the PHB thing - I'm working for a company where
the only blessed monitoring tool is CA Unicenter.  Oh, and BMC Patrol.
 Oh, and NetCool.  Oh, and...  The only reason I'm getting away with
using Hobbit is that those other tools don't really seem to be able to
monitor web pages.

Up to a month ago I was using Big Brother, with a bunch of custom
scripts grabbing webpages to examine for "goodness".  Then the server
died - can't think why, after all, 6 years continuous uptime isn't all
that long... :)  That seemed like an excellent reason to cut over to
Hobbit that I was trying out on a different server.  I'm now
rehabilitating the old DL380 (with replacement power supply), but
wouldn't you just know it, the BB installation seems to be broken...

Ralph Mitchell