[hobbit] ghost clients reporting

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jul 9 17:38:51 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 02:39:05PM +0200, Stephane Caminade wrote:
> I've just added the BBGHOST=2 setting to my hobbitserver.cfg file
> (running Hobbit Monitor 4.2-beta-20060605), and I was wondering if it is
> possible to create a warning in the hobbitd test when a ghost is detected ?

Not right now. The ghost reports do not change the color of the hobbitd
test, as you found out. I could make that an option, but I'll leave that
for later.

> By the way, what does the BBGHOST=0 option do ?
> BBGHOSTS="0"                    # How to handle status messages from unknown hosts.
>          # 0=accept message, 1=discard message, 2=discard message and log the event
>
> If I use the setting 0, does the message get added somewhere (and if so,
> where ...) ?

It's a left-over from the older Big Brother days, and it doesn't really
make much sense. In fact, I've removed the BBGHOSTS setting from the
code recently and made it always behave as BBGHOSTS=2. There's also a
specific "Ghost report" tool now so you can view the ghosts sorted
by hostname, IP or age.