[hobbit] rrd question

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 3 16:19:20 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 03:59:10PM +0200, Beau Olivier wrote:
> Cool, i like this new CGI !
>

> but my real question is the possibility to have a monthly data
> with a 5 minute average, instead of a 2 hour average.

You'll have to modify how the RRD files are created, as others have
pointed out. For existing files, you can do an "rrdtool export" of
the current data, then create the RRD file with the same datasets but
different RRA's, and import the old data into the new file.

It's tedious, but that is how RRDtool works - you cannot modify the
definition of an RRD file after it has been created.