Alert TIME problem

Bill Klinko whk2 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 27 17:35:24 CET 2006

Hi Everyone,

I just switched from BB a couple of weeks ago. We are running version
4.1.2p1 on RHLinux AS v3.

I am aware that the DURATION parameter does not work. However, I am
also having a TIME parameter problem. I want to run two different
alerts. One with the REPEAT setting and one without all based upon
the TIME. Below is how I have the settings:

HOST=xxxx.cornell.edu
       MAIL xxx at xxx.cornell.edu DURATION>=5 COLOR=red REPEAT=60
RECOVERED TIME=*:0700:2100
       MAIL xxx at xxx.cornell.edu DURATION>=5 COLOR=red RECOVERED
TIME=*:2101:0659

However for the alerts that occurred last night I received REPEAT
messages all night long. I want to receive any red messages for any
category I am monitoring.

Does anyone see a problem or know of a TIME work around?

If anyone knows of a work around for the DURATION problem I would be
most appreciative.

Thanks,

Bill