[hobbit] Re: Hobbit Alert config

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jan 13 18:04:23 CET 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 06:13:20AM -0500, James B Horwath wrote:

> Vernon Everett wrote:
>>
>> Can anybody tell me if there is a specific order required for the entries
>> in hobbit-alert.cfg?
>> For instance, this line
>> MAIL 55512345 at messagenet.com.au FORMAT=SMS REPEAT=180 DURATION>5 COLOR=red RECOVERED
>> alerts me to the issue, but I don't get a recovered SMS.
>>
>> I know Hobbit is configured correctly, because this line
>> MAIL v.everett at afgonline.com.au RECOVERED REPEAT=480
>> mails me the recovered notice.
>
> My guess would be the "COLOR=red" token in the rule.  When a recovery
> comes in the color isn't red, therefore no match.

That shouldn't cause it to drop the recovery message - when you have
a RECOVERED setting on an alert rule, the recovery message goes out to
all the people who were alerted originally.

At least, that's how it *should* work.

Now, the question for Vernon is: Did the "55512345 at messagenet.com.au"
recipient in your original report get the alert message ? There's a
DURATION>5 there, so if it was a short-lived problem he may not have
gotten the alert - and then there's no recovery message either.