[hobbit] does client/bin/hobbitlaunch read clientlaunch.cfg after changes?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 11 13:59:01 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 01:45:32PM +0100, Rolf Schrittenlocher wrote:

> according to the manpages hobbitlaunch on the server recognizes changes
> in the config file automatically. I have the impression that
> client/hobbitlaunch doesn't. Is there another way to make
> client/bin/hobbitlaunch reread clientlaunch.cfg than restarting
> (something like kill -HUP ...)?

It should re-read the config file automatically - it's the same tool
in both the server- and client-installs.

Sending it a SIGHUP will also make it re-read the config.

Maybe you edited the wrong file ? On the Hobbit server, the client
configuration file is not used because the client scripts run off
the servers' hobbitlaunch.cfg file.