[hobbit] NCV problems still

Tracy J. Di Marco White gendalia at iastate.edu
Fri Jan 6 08:27:46 CET 2006

In message <AE1139DB2EF72D46BAF3CCEA8AC2A2A14B6FD8 at perntex01.sealcorp.net.au>, "Wild, Phil" writes:
}Hi Tracy,
}
}Thanks for the response. If you are expecting the number of variables to
}vary from one status message to the next then you need to write your own
}parsing script and store the variables in individual RRD's ala how the
}disk rrd's are built.

I don't actually expect them to change, I just was able to monitor a
lot more than I had originally planned, and went from 1 variable to
28.  The rrd is fine, I just haven't gotten around to figuring out
what to do about graphing.

}Fy first status message has a DEV line and a RUN line but it seems to
}only process the DEV line. It has me stumped. I'm almost ready to give
}up on the NCV functionality and write my own parsing script.

I had to enable debugging to find out why the rrd wouldn't take the
new variables, but once I did the errors made it obvious.  Do you
have error logs?  My errors included not having every variable
listed correctly in NCV_afs in hobbitserver.cfg, as well as needing
to start with a fresh rrd.

-Tracy