[hobbit] Devmon : a bbxsnmp.pl & routermon replacement

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 23 22:26:29 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 01:58:33PM -0500, Schwimmer, Eric E *HS wrote:

> I've been working on a little project for the past 6 months or so, one
> that is designed to replace bbxsnmp.pl, routermon, and other similar
> SNMP data collectors for the Hobbit and BigBrother monitoring systems.

Nice!

I've given it a quick look-over, and even with my less-than-stellar
Perl knowledge, I can see that this covers a lot of the features
that people have requested from an SNMP data collector for Hobbit.
The idea about "templates" looks very promising - it will be
interesting to try it out on some of the devices I have access to.
Having good, well-documented and maintained SNMP support for Hobbit
has been on my wish-list for quite some time.

> And last, but not least, I'd like to thank Henrik once again for his
> excellent work on Hobbit, as Devmon wouldn't be very useful without it!
> :)

I'm flattered that you made Hobbit the default in your config :-) And
truly delighted that my little project is so useful, that You would
spend time improving on it.

Thanks!