False Positives in proc

Scheblein, Adam adam.scheblein at marquette.edu
Mon Feb 6 16:15:05 CET 2006

Greetings,

Recently I have noticed that I have been getting a lot of false
positives with hobbit in the proc section.  Basically what I did was to
change the hobbit client so that it also gave CPU information on each
process and then made the following rules:

PROC "% 9[5-9]\.[0-9][0-9] " 0 0 red

PROC "% 10[0-9]\.[0-9][0-9] " 0 0 red

PROC "% 8[0-9]\.[0-9][0-9] " 0 0 yellow

PROC "% 9[0-4]\.[0-9][0-9] " 0 0 yellow

However, this is what I get:

% 9[5-9]\.[0-9][0-9]  (found 4, req. at most 0)

And there are no processes that are in the 95.00-99.99 range.  Also,
when I copy the ps output to a text file and use egrep or perl to do a
search on the output, they give me nothing.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Adam Scheblein

Marquette University IT Services