[hobbit] dns query load?

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Dec 28 23:21:19 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 11:20 +0100, Charles Goyard wrote:
> Daniel J McDonald wrote :
> > I'd like to monitor the number of dns queries hitting my external DNS
> > servers.  there is a bb script that supposedly does this - bb-dns-load,
> > but I'd like to know if anyone has got it working with the hobbit
> > client.
>
> Hi,
>
> I use the dnsload script with hobbit.
[...] Instructions for getting the status reports elided...
> For the server-side grapher, I use :
>
> NCV_dnsload="Queryrate:GAUGE,*:NONE"
>
> [dnsload]
>         DEF:q=dnsload.rrd:Queryrate:AVERAGE
>         TITLE DNS queries rate
>         YAXIS queries/second
>         -l 0
>         AREA:q#00ff00:queries/sec
>         GPRINT:q:LAST:%3.0lf
>         GPRINT:q:MAX:max\: %3.0lf
>         GPRINT:q:MIN:min\:%3.0lf
>         GPRINT:q:AVERAGE:avg\:%3.0lf

I added this to my hobbitgraph.d directory, but I don't see any graphs.
I did add both "dnsload" and "NCV_dnsload" to the graph variable in
hobbitserver.cfg, but still no graphs.  Where should I look to figure
out what I am doing wrong?

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy