Writing my own Scripts with RRD

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Thu Dec 14 19:02:46 CET 2006

Hello,

So, I took the old laard iostat script, and

made a few changes, but overall the output is

the same.

I changed the name to iostat2. I then started

send data to Hobbit. However, I can't see and

rrd files being generated.

I added iostat2 to the hobbitserver.cfg file, but

no rrd. I then did the following iostat2=iostat,

and it started inputting rrd files.

However, I was trying to stay away from iostat

and write me own test. I'm trying to figure out

how to send data to Hobbit and graph it.

If I do the suggested:  iostat2=ncv, I get no rrd

data.

So, how do you get data going into Hobbit for rrd?

I've read some of the rrd tutorials, not all. I'm trying

to do my own iostat, and mpstat commands to

track disk i/o wait and busy times, and mpstat

multiple cpu graphs. I don't need alerts, just trends

really.

Thanks.James