[hobbit] Configuration database backend.

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Dec 8 23:16:55 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 04:10:02PM -0600, Trent Melcher wrote:

> Ours
> is getting large and with the potential of 1000's of servers and 50 -
> 100 administrators, the hobbit-alerts.cfg file and hobbit-clients.cfg
> file are getting unmanageable. Ecspecialy as admins come and go,  hard
> to figure out who entries for emails addresses and pager notifications
> is current.  Clumping them into groups has helped but its still getting
> cumbersome.

I don't know if it helps, but you might want to use the "directory"
include feature in these config files. I created a
~hobbit/server/etc/alerts/ directory and then put a line "directory alerts"
into hobbit-alerts.cfg; this causes all files in the alerts directory to
be automatically included in the configuration. Then you can split the
configuration into manageable pieces, e.g. one file per logical group of
hosts.