No Alert

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Thu Dec 7 15:58:43 CET 2006

I had a system go red today on disk space,

but it didn't alert anyone, not even me, and I'm

setup to receive all alerts.

This is at the top of hobbit-alerts.cfg

HOST=*

    MAIL me at myemail.com REPEAT=15 COLOR=RED DURATION<30 RECOVERED

Here's the DB Folks:

HOST=%ddu* SERVICE=conn,disk

   MAIL DBS at myemail.com REPEAT=15 COLOR=RED DURATION<30 RECOVERED

HOST=%dpu* SERVICE=conn,disk

   MAIL DBS at myemail.com REPEAT=15 COLOR=RED DURATION<30 RECOVERED

(The hosts dpu and ddu are database production unix, and database
development unix)

Anyone have any ideas on were I can track

this down at? Why it didn't page anyone.

I checked the notification file in /var/log/hobbit,

and it showed no page going on. Not sure why.

This was a database server, so I've got folks asking

why they didn't get notified that the disk was full.

I found out when I came in this morning and looked

at the Display page.

Thanks...James