NCV_testname= specification

Kern, Thomas Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov
Tue Dec 5 16:53:08 CET 2006

Can the wildcard be used to dynamically define all of the data? I would
like avoid changing the central hobbit config (not under my control)
every time one of the z/OS sysprogs decides to fire up a test LPAR.

My test sends this status msg.
Tue Dec 5 10:40:25 EST 2006 General Processor LPAR utilization exceeds
threshold: 95 %

LEGACY:1.7
ZOSEPROD:94.3
ZOSPROD:2.9
Total:98.9

Can I code NCV_LPAR="*:GAUGE" instead of
NCV_LPAR="LEGACY:GAUGE,ZOSEPROD:GAUGE,ZOSPROD:GAUGE,Total:GAUGE"  ?

/Thomas Kern

>Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 09:45:10PM -0400, Galen Johnson wrote:
>>
>>Active Sessions: 2
>>Disconnected Sessions: 14
>>Group1 Users: 7
>>Group2 Users: 9
>>
>>There needs to be a way to define a data block within a status message
and have NCV
>>graphing ignore everything outside of it...
>>
>Setup the NCV_foo setting like this:
>
>NCV_foo="ActiveSessions:GAUGE,DisconnectedSessions:GAUGE,Group1Users:GA
UGE,