[hobbit] [patch] "config" download area is now a setting

Charles Goyard cgoyard at cvf.fr
Mon Dec 4 14:25:45 CET 2006

Hi,

Charles Goyard wrote :

> here is a small but convenient patch, that helps keep the etc/ directory
> of the hobbit server tidy.

Looking again at the documentation, I see there's a "download" command
in bb.

So, we have three ways of getting extension scripts configuration :

- with "bb config"  (from the etc/ directory)
- with "bb download" (from the downloads/ directory)
- by adding data in etc/client-local.cfg

Since it is not desirable to get all hosts config from a security
standpoint (that can be database password and the like), having one file
per client looks nice.

The patch I submitted may break some setups that expect to have access
to bb-hosts and the like.

Henrik, what do you recommend for storing and fetching extension script
configuration ?

Charles Goyard - cgoyard at cvf.fr - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31