[hobbit] failover?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Dec 3 00:10:03 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:28:14PM -0600, Trever noggle wrote:
> Does hobbit support fail over yet?  When I last looked at it the support
> was planned but not implemented.

It's not there yet. Some of the stuff I've been working on lately
provides part of the solution for this, but it isn't complete.

Besides, "fail over" means lot of different things. For a true fail over
setup, you'll need some hardware support on top of Hobbit - providing
a virtual IP for your resilient hosts, and probably some sort of shared
storage. Most of that is handled outside Hobbit.

So what exactly do you have in mind ?