[hobbit] Replace Tigra with other menu system

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 31 15:43:08 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 06:54:09AM -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:
> I like to suggest in future version of hobbit to replace Tigra with other
> java script menu system like YUI.
> This is my personal opinion, YUI has more to offer in term of menu
> capabilities while Tigra is free only on   basic menu fuctions.
>
> I like to hear Henrik's and others  comment on this subject.

> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/

I'm fairly indifferent to which system is used. The only requirements
I have are that

a) they must be licensed with an Open Source compatible license
   (Tigra is public domain, YUI is BSD)
b) they are easy to integrate into the Hobbit web/ templates
c) they are easy to distribute and install.

Since I don't have any real need to switch, I don't really care much
about looking into what it would take to swicth. If someone else is
willing to work on it, that would be fine.

So to sum up, since the web/ template-files really are considered
configuration files that you may change - feel free to modify them to
suit whatever needs you have. If you think the modifications are
generally useful, you might want to contribute them to the project.
I think the new Shire repository would be an excellent place to
begin placing such modified template-files.