[hobbit] Another stellar release

Gary B. gmbfly98 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 15:28:49 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 11:19:47PM -0400, Gary B. wrote:
> > >I must commend Henrik, not only on this wonderful achievement, but also
> > >on the amazing new features in 4.2.  May all your releases be so good!
> >
> > And after much time spent RTFM'ing and asking on this mailing list,
> > I've finally figured out the log monitoring.  It works a little
> > differently than I thought, but after getting used to it, it's so much
> > better than BB's implementation.  I look forward to see what future
> > releases will bring.
>
> It would be interesting to hear what it was that confused you. If you
> have any suggestions for extra documentation or such that would make
> it easier to setup, I'm all ears.

I will be putting together some internal documentation on log file
monitoring--a "cheat-sheet" of sorts.  Once I complete it, I'll post
what I have here.

> The problem with writing docs is that you only do it after you have been
> working with something for a long time. So it's difficult to forget
> everything you know, and try catch everything you must describe to
> someone without that knowledge.

I think part of the confusion on my part was having a different idea
in my head of how it should work than what was actually written, and
thus was partly confusing myself.  But I understand what you mean, as
I've often run in to similar problems when trying to explain things to
others who know less about the given subject than I do.