rrd update error after 4.2 install

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Sun Aug 27 04:51:04 CEST 2006

I installed a new 4.2 system today and copied all of the old history and
rrd files from a 4.1.2 system.

All of the history seems just fine, but updating the rrd files seems
problematic.  For each host and test that causes an rrd update of a
copied file, I get the following in /var/log/hobbit/rrd-status.log:

2006-08-26 21:46:02 RRD error updating
/home/hobbit/data/rrd/vtpsrv/memory.actual.rrd from 172.17.0.12:
rrd->ds_def malloc

The old system was architecture s390 (which is 32-bit) the new system is
architecture s390x (which is 64-bit).  Is that the difference, or are
there other reasons that rrd files not transportable?

Thanks.
--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007