[hobbit] Memory usage BBWIn 0.8

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 17:34:28 CEST 2006

Hello Ivan,

2006/8/25, Ivan Verbeeck <ivan.verbeeck at vmma.be>:

> Hello,
>
> Since the release of BBwin 0.8 i installed it on a couple of our Windows
> 2003 servers as a replacement for the BB Client.
> On one of the machines i noticed that the memory usage of the BBWin.exe
> process keeps growing. After appr. 2 weeks it was over the 60Mb. I
> restarted the service, but after a few days it's back over the 20Mb.
> The client checks a few svcs and runs 5 external tests (compiled perl
> scripts). Any idea what can cause the problem?

Your mail worry me a little bit ...

Could you check that this server is well installed with BBWin 0.8 ?
there were a memory leak on the older BBWin releases but BBWin 0.8
should be ok.

Could you post your BBWin.cfg file and tell me what Windows version
are you using ?

Sometimes BBWin may need more memory when a lot of events logs are
send to the hobbit server.

On my test servers, I run BBWin with a timer of 5 seconds (so it
simulates many weeks of monitoring with a few days) for each agent so
I can check if memory is growing. It never goes over 7 Mb.

As Rich said, me be try some times to run without the perl externals
even if it should never take memory in the BBWin process itselft.

Etienne GRIGNON