[hobbit] cgi can't see libpcre

sladewig sladewig at bankinfo.com
Fri Aug 25 13:59:37 CEST 2006

Mostardi, David (MDL US) said the following, On 08/24/2006 05:51 PM:
> Most of my new hobbit installation (Solaris 9) has come up fine, but I can't
> click through any of the colored icons. The error from Apache error_log is:
>
> [Thu Aug 24 15:25:22 2006] [error] [client 145.36.246.222] Premature end of
> script headers: /usr/local/hobbit/cgi-bin/bb-hostsvc.sh
> ld.so.1: /usr/local/bb/bb1.9i-btf/bin/hobbitsvc.cgi: fatal: libpcre.so.0:
> open failed: No such file or directory

What does ldd /usr/local/bb/bb1.9i-btf/bin/hobbitsvc.cgi report?
It will show you the dependencies of the program and whether or not they
are satisfied. Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH env will enter into this equation so
remove it if necessary.

> There were no pcre errors during the build process. I used the
> "-R/usr/local/lib" trick mentioned in the "known problems" page, and the
> user "hobbit" has the directory in its library path. Perhaps there is some
> special place where I'll need to manually add a reference to the PCRE
> libraries?

Did you also have -L/usr/local/lib in your Makefile? Maybe it was missed
altogether when compiling.