[hobbit] hobbit-clients.cfg

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Aug 25 09:49:46 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 09:11:54AM +0200, Thomas wrote:

> Anyway I turn it I can never get more hosts to match the same HOST
> definition even if I have to servers called server1 and server2 I put a
> HOST=%host*.domain.com but it will not match.

Nope, that one will match "hos.domain.com", "host.domain.com",
"hostt.domain.com", "hosttttttttttttttt.domain.com" etc.

What you're after is HOST=%host.*.domain.com .

> Anyway I am configuring a new host with PROC settings but I can never
> get the web page to display my settings. Should hobbit be restarted
> completly after changing the hobbit-clients.cfg filer ?

No, the hobbitd_client module will reload the config regularly, every
10 minutes. Or you can do a "kill -HUP <pid of hobbitd_client>" to
force the config reload.  After the config has reloaded, the new
settings will show up when the client next reports to the server.

> how can I test the file settings ?

Try setting them to something that should cause a yellow or red status.