[hobbit] Gnokii and Hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Aug 19 23:20:55 CEST 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 10:08:10PM +0200, Michael Magua wrote:

> I have a premicell and a serial cable going from the server to the
> premicell. I compiled gnokii and from the command line I can do:
>
> echo "some msg" | gnokii --sendsms <cell number>
>
> And that works. However following the examples from the Hobbit website
> on sms notifications does not work.

"Does not work" is a rather generic error description. What exactly
is that that you cannot get to work? Your alerting rules, the
alert script you're - presumably - using to interface with Gnokii,
or ... ?

Perhaps if you'd show us what's in your hobbit-alerts.cfg file,
and how you're trying to invoke gnokii via an alerting script ?
It would make troubleshooting a lot easier.