[hobbit] Host Notes

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Tue Aug 15 00:46:17 CEST 2006

The -m will generate really much data but i think that 1 or 2 more "w"
can be good to get all the process names ... (last update on the first
client where i was checking for process names I had 30 minutes trying to
understand why one of my qmail process was not running :D)

It could be nice to have them as some kind of configuration that can be
done at configuration time or for example with the logfetch method (like
the filenames or log files to check).... Can be also nice to have to
choose to do network disk check with df or only local disks...

This is the difference on a machine with some javavm running of the ps
[bb at ITROMAS27 bb]$ ps -Aw -o
pid,ppid,user,start,state,pri,pcpu,time,pmem,rsz,vsz,cmd |wc
    183    2789   20249
[bb at ITROMAS27 bb]$ ps -Awww -o
pid,ppid,user,start,state,pri,pcpu,time,pmem,rsz,vsz,cmd |wc
    183    2801   20981
[bb at ITROMAS27 bb]$ ps -Awwwm -o
pid,ppid,user,start,state,pri,pcpu,time,pmem,rsz,vsz,cmd |wc
    981   20468  289819

So i think for 700 bytes we can put 2 more "w"  the "m" can be
problematic ....