Enable/Disable propogation

Epp, Matthew Contractor PEO EIS AKO matthew.epp at us.army.mil
Mon Aug 14 20:12:17 CEST 2006

How does Hobbit handle the disabling of tests in a multi-DISPLAY server
environment? Typically in the legacy Big Brother environment, I had to
either disable test on each display server, or just tell people to ignore
alerts on the satellite DISPLAYs and only pay attention to the main server
where I would actually "blue" things out. Ultimately I would like to have an
accurate view on each DISPLAY, but this would involve somehow propogating a
disable command down the line.

So I guess the real question is, if I disable alerts on Satellite DISPLAY A
(running Hobbit right now), will that alert then start showing up as purple
on Main DISPLAY (running Big Brother), unless I disable it there as well?

I plan to eventually migrate all of the displays to Hobbit, but that won't
happen all at once.