[hobbit] Upgrade to 4.2.0, conn all read

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 14 17:48:04 CEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 11:26:36AM -0400, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

> > Sounds like shared memory/semaphore IPC problems to me.  What's in the
> > hobbitlaunch.log file ?
>
> I believe I found the issue.
>
> 2006-08-14 10:52:58 Cannot open PID file /home/hobbit/logs/hobbitd.pid:
> No such file or directory
>
> Even though I set the log dir to /home/hobbit/log in ./configure, it
> seems that make install won't overwrite hobbitserver.cfg with the new
> setting (log vs logs). Should it? I must have mistyped it once and it
> seems to have stuck.

OK, that does explain it. No, "make install" won't overwrite an existing
hobbitserver.cfg. It will try to add new entries that aren't in the
existing file, but it will not change the existing entries (because
you may have modified them intentionally, and then "make install"
shouldn't undo them without asking).