R: [hobbit] log file monitoring issues

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Fri Aug 11 15:33:18 CEST 2006

I don't know openbsd... If it work like some linux machine you have to check the script or program that is rotating the logs to make them world readable or group readable and create as the hobbit group.
If your system is using logrotate you can try to put the  "create mode owner group" directive into the specific logrotate file or change the default one that should be in /etc/logrotate.conf